Thursday, October 30, 2014

Three Things Thursday!

  

  Since I am back in the swing of running I thought I would share 3 things about running.  First of all let me just share a few things….I was NOT coordinated as a child, teen or young adult.  I tell people …as a child I couldn’t chew gum and walk at the same time.  Obviously that is a bit of an exaggeration, however it really isn’t that far off.  Believe it or not, running does take some coordination.  I don’t consider myself a runner.  I am more of a running hobbyist, I think.  I like to run and I have worked up to 5 miles a day 6 days a week in my past.  Now I am starting over and currently only do 3.1-3.5 miles.  Not bad for only two weeks into it, right?  I will get there eventually!
So here are three things I like about running!
        Stress reliever.  My best runs have actually been when I was feeling overwhelmed, stressed or upset about something.  I actually went 15 miles one time when I was stressed out.  I have yet to hit that mileage again in one run!   Fortunately,  I am not usually upset.  However, I am  a wife (of 17 years) a mother {of 4~two teenagers and two tweens plus 2 labs they each count for 2 do they not?  By my calculations I am a mother to like 8 kids! Smile}, a homeschooler, an active church member as well as the wearer of many other hats.  I know this is the same scene for many.  I have yet to hear anyone says something like “Oh My, this is the 15th day in a row where I don’t have anything to do but sit on the couch.” I wouldn’t like 15 days of that, but a day or two may be nice.  Anyhow for me, give me my headset and my treadmill and I am good!  I feel so energized, relaxed and a sense of calmness after a run!  I recommend it to anyone. I know that not everyone shares this same desire.  My husband is one of those people on the other side of the fence.
       Health benefits.  I don’t think there is really that much to say about this that doesn’t apply to any physical activity.  As we all know it is healthier to move a bit every day than to not. So here is a public service announcement:  Get up and get moving to some form or exercise!  It doesn’t have to be running! That it for this announcement!  I am not going to bore your with the health statics of exercise either.  We have all heard or read them at some point.
      Challenging.  Running can be very challenging!  You can set weekly or monthly goals for yourself like running so many miles by a certain date or so far in a certain amount of time.  I personally have on my bucket list to run a marathon.  I don’t’ know why but I have wanted to do this since I was about 20 years old.  My hubby says “You want to run for that long? Why?”  Yep that is me!  Like I said I don’t know why I just have wanted to do it for a few years.  One day I will make it!
SO those at three of the things that I like about running!  Want to share your 3 Things Thursday or read others?  Hope on over to Heidi's Head and check it out or link up your list.
Happy Thursday!
                                                Three Things Thursday

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I am NOT a runner. I've been SO tempted to take it up just to run in a Disney marathon someday. But, I always talk myself out of it when I see how crowded it is (I hate crowds). Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete