Thursday, October 23, 2014

Three Things Thursday!


Three Things ThursdayI
                               It’s time for 3 Three Things Thursday!
  Since it is fall I thought I would be real generic and do three things I love about fall.
  The first is the colors.  When I was little I actually disliked fall.  It was too cold and too gray looking as everything changed for it's winter nap.  Then it was obvious that winter was coming bringing the really cold temperatures! (I do like the snow though)  As I have grown I have learned to appreciate this beautiful season that God created.  I love driving and seeing all the different colors of leaves.

The second thing I love about fall is bonfires!  Sitting around that crackling fire with family and friends, laughing, talking eating smores!  I  love to set my marshmallow on fire.  The center then is just oh so gooey!  Yum! How can you not like that?

Finally, I love the harvest.  Reaping what you sow is so rewarding!  My kids ask when we are having something for dinner that we had grown in our garden if we are eating garden_____ when we first sit at the table.  That question comes even this year when we didn’t have a garden due to summer traveling. I really missed the garden, including the weeding!  When people ask me what brought me to the country to live after growing up in the city, my response is always "My husband wants to be a farmer when he grows up!"  Well, let me just say, that I can't wait until he farms his first acre (other than our garden)!


Want to join the hop?  Would you like to read what my friends are saying?  Hop on over to   Heidi's Head to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors of fall too - and the smells! Apples and pumpkins, etc.! Great list!

    ReplyDelete