Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tasty Tues~Homemade Oven Potato Skins

     Who doesn’t like potato skins?  I love potato ~skins, baked, mashed, fried, however you want to fix them I haven’t found a potato that I don’t like, yet.  Potato skins are our appetizer of choice on  the few occasions that we go do go out to eat, so I thought I would try to make my own.  It was such a hit that Joe ate over half of the 24 that I made!  I though I would share with you!  Lucky you! Smile

  SO here goes!  I used Russet potatoes for these.  Take your potatoes and scrub them up.  You will make 2 out of each potato so you can decide how many to make.  Once they are scrubbed, poke them and pop them into the oven at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes.  You can also pop them in the microwave for about 6-10 minutes and that will cut your cook time to about 20-30.  You just want to make sure they are cooked.  Now depending on your time schedule,  you can let them cool a little or a lot. 
     Cut each potato in half length wise and scoop out the middle. The more you scoop the thinner your skin will be and the crispier it can get.   I like my skins on the "meatier" side.   
IMG_20140406_220920812
  Once they are all centered /hollowed out or what ever you want to call it, place them on an aluminum foil lined and sprayed cookie/ baking sheet.  Side note:I took the inside that I scooped out and placed it in a sealed container for a later meal. 
IMG_20140406_220355339

  I then took some olive oil and rubbed it on the outside of each skin and sprinkled slightly with seasoned salt.
IMG_20140406_221358349
You are almost done!  Just take the skins, turn them over and fill with cheese!  Then pop them back in the oven.  Your final oven time will depend on how long you cooled them. You want to cook them just until they are hot and the cheese is melted.  



I love garlic so when they were done I sprinkled garlic powder on a couple of them just to see what it tasted like.  It was delicious!  You should try it!
Hope you enjoy as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment