Monday, February 6, 2017

Times Alive 3 Month Subscription~ A TOS Crew Review

clip_image001
Are you looking for a fun, online math program for your student that encourages them and helps them learn their multiplication facts?  If so, you will need to check out this program! 

TIMES-ALIVE by Times Tables The Fun Way brings online lessons with animated songs and stories to learn times tables the fun way!

    Math facts are something that I think every student needs to have a great handle on and the earlier the better. Since each student is different though, each student will develop the cognitive skills to learn at a their own time.  I have 4 kiddos and at times I have had to use different tools or techniques to get their learning to stick.  My daughter "learned" her multiplication at the same time as her brothers, in second grade.  She however, didn’t become as fluent in them as I had liked. We tried timed drills, online games, and flashcards. She would get them then the next day forget. Using Times~Alive she is finally getting them to stick!  The online games and activities have held her interest and entertained her while she is working thru the facts and storing them in her long term memory!  I am so thankful for the program! She now can say that 7 time 8 is 56, instead of 7 x 8 is.......56 (as she is counting it out in her head).

    When I first signed into the website, I thought it was a bit overwhelming., looking at the lesson list page.  Fortunately, my daughter got going really quickly with no hesitations!  I think that for me, it was just a lot of information to be on one page with a new program.  
    Below you will see what comes up when you first get signed on.   This page lists what the type of lesson it is for example video, song or test.  It also shows the lessons you have viewed and completed with either a half or full circle.  To get started you just click on the lesson you need. 

Times Tables the Fun Way {Review}
   


Below you will see one of the video screen shots, or the talking and singing part, as my daughter says.  The videos are cute, rhyming "song and dance" animated clips with the facts that they are working on in that clip.

Times Tables the Fun Way {Review}




The program goes back and reviews the facts throughout to keep your child working on the previous facts to help things stick.  Below is an example of one of the review pages. 

Times Tables the Fun Way {Review}



  I have been pleasantly please in the progress that my daughter has shown in the short time that we have been using this program.  She is singing the rhyming songs and retelling the stories several times thru out the day which I think is what is helping her to remember it.  As I was finishing my review I watched her go thru a few of the screens and she was super fast compared to a few weeks ago! I love when things finally click also..after one of the sessions my daughter did, she came to me showing me the song/skit.  It was about the fact 3x3=9.  It has mice on the screen and she noticed that two of the mice's tails were in the shape of 3 and one was like a nine.  She was super excited and I think that that fact was then stuck in her head!  Check it out:
  
   The only downside to the program that I can see is that sometimes the progress isn't saved in the computer.  My daughter didn't mind starting again.  As she got quicker with it it was a breeze even starting from the beginning.  She is 10 and was a slow multiplier.  She informed me that: 
 
    "This would be great for anyone who needs help with their facts even if they are smaller than me!"

  You can get your subscription for $9.95 a month and help your children Learn Times Tables the Fun Way! 
     
 
  Thank you to the Homeschool Review Crew and Times Tables The Fun Way for the opportunity to review this product! 

Check out what other crew members said about this subscription!
Times Tables the Fun Way {Review}

  
                 You can find Times-Alive here:












No comments:

Post a Comment