Saturday, February 9, 2013

Left overs!

Got leftovers?  Need a quick dinner idea?  Well, check this out!  We had purchased buffalo chicken wings for our Super Bowl celebration. The Pro went out and purchased them and wanted to make sure we had enough.  So he bought 3 bags!  We both thought that it would be fine since the caddies are pretty big eaters around here.  Well we sort of misjudged and probably had about 2 bags left over.  Of course we had a lot of other foods too so that is probably why we had so much left over.
  Anyhow after the party I took the meat off the bones and then put it in a container in the fridge.  We usually have a few days a month where we have a crazy schedule and dinner is hectic.  Well Tues was that day.  We had orthodontics appoints for 2 of the caddies and spent the afternoon with my sister in law, niece and nephews.  In the evening we had to get the oldest caddie off to his monthly jr fair board meeting so time was limited.
   I took that left over already cooked chicken and put it in a pot with water.  The chicken was a little on the spicy side for the little caddies.  While that was simmering, I put my other pot pie ingredients which I really don't have a recipe for, in a second pot.  The second pot had all the veggies in it too!  I usually use left overs in the fridge for that too so it is not a tradition pot pie either.  We had peas and corn.  After about 10 minutes on low boil I added the second pot to the first to make my filing. Then I thought, oh my I don't have a topping!  Thank you Pillsbury for making biscuits in a can!  I split them in half,   placed them on top and cooked them till they were brown...Viola!  Check out my creation!  I have to say that the results are in and everyone here at the Clubbhouse loved it!  That would be everyone except the assistant Pro, she is a little on the weird side and doesn't eat meat.    Now I will share with you what I can of the recipe that I can.  Obviously chicken and biscuits, peas and corn.  For the creamy filling I took 1/2 stick of butter and melted it.  To the butter I added 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp of ginger and ground mustard, and finally 2 tsp of  thyme.  Then I added a quarter cup of flour.  Stir until mixed.  I then dropped this into the chicken and stirred until it thicken of course addind salt and pepper to taste.  Then pour into 9 x 13 baker split and place biscuits on top and bake according to the biscuit label.

No comments:

Post a Comment