Thursday, March 16, 2017

Chicken Fettuccini? Yes Please!


     20170228_224223
I love Fettuccini! With us living an hour from my favorite Italian restaurant and our busy schedules, I don’t get out there very often at all.  I have tried several recipes at home to make it and I haven’t been very crazy about any of the recipes until now.  We were invited to a friends house for supper and she served Chicken Fettuccini.  It was delicious!  My son then wanted this dish for his birthday dinner, so I had to get the recipe!  This recipe is super easy and SO DELICIOUS! You will want to add it to your menu!
    The recipe is from FabuLESSly Frugal.
  What you need for the sauce:
  • 1 pint heavy cream
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
  • 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
  • 1 to 1-1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • parsley for garnish
  That is all!  I would recommend doubling that and making a double batch.  With Lent in full swing in our house this was our go to Friday meatless meal as well on Friday when left the chicken off! There were no complaints about the sauce being reheated either!
  To pull this together… In a saucepan combine heavy cream, butter and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer this for 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat, just until it thickens enough to coat a spoon. Serve over hot pasta noodles, in place of red pizza sauce, or for dipping.
   With said busy schedule I purchased already cooked, all you need to do is heat Grilled chicken found in the freezer case.  (Not the norm around here but he waned this dish so I used the quick version).  The chicken that I used didn’t go over as well as I thought, not being fresh the family could tell the difference!  However overall there were not complaints, every plate was clean (as in almost licked clean!), and the double batch was gone by Friday!  Hope you enjoy this super easy, extremely delicious Alfredo as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment