Friday, January 8, 2016

The Plans I Have For You~A ZonderKids Review




     One of my most favorite versus in the Bible is Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  WOW!  What a powerful verse in my opinion!  Written by Amy Parker and Illustrated by Vanessa Brantley-Newton is this 90 day devotional that helps kids to recognize that God does have a plan for their lives.  Including sections like:  I’ve God Big Pans for YOU!,  I don’t Do Things Small and What I Created You To DO.  Each of the 90 devotions are laid out on one to two pages in the book.  They include a scripture verse as well as a meaning or how this applies to us.
   Spirit Muscles for example is based from Ephesians 3:16 and talks about our inner strengths.  The reflection reminds is that strength isn’t always about measuring muscle size and what exactly this means.  Exercising our spirit by listening to God when he asks us to help out someone or to say worry when we have done wrong. Next there is an action or a task to reflect upon or do, in this case it says “Be sure to give your inner being a work out-today and everyday.
     Targeted for 8-12 year olds this book is a great first devotional book.  It is also a great book to help a child recognizing that God does have a plan buy using examples of his truths, promises and plans of others thru the bible verses and explanations that show how these apply to their lives.

  You can check out my review of the Journal in this series here..

  You can check out my review of the jr version of the book in this series here.

You can check out this book and other great titles from ZonderKids and Zondervan here.

Disclaimer:  I received a copy of the above mentioned book in exchange for a frank an honest review.  All opinions are my own.  Your results or opinions may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment