Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sleep Number DualTemp Layer~Smiley360


Do you know what your sleep number is?   Do you know what that even means?   I didn’t until last week!  I am going to share with you my journey to find that number. 
  I went into my local Sleep Store to check out the Sleep Number DualTempTM  Layer.  When I got there at about 10am , the associate told me she just opened the store.  I told her I was there on a Smiley360 mission to check out the DualTemp Layer.  Because she just opened the layer wasn’t ready.  It takes about 20 minutes to heat or cool.  While I was waiting, I was invited to check out the sleep number experience!  Please try to refrain from being jealous!  You can have your own experience too just by stopping by your local store! You can check to see where the closest store to you is by clicking here!  I hope that you can feel the comfort of the bed as your read on!
     So what is this whole sleep number thing anyway? 
Sleep Number beds give you total control over your sleep experience. At the touch of a button, you can increase or decrease your Sleep Number setting to achieve the exact level of comfort, firmness and support that’s ideal for you and your sleep partner. Yep you read that correctly!  The bed can be at two different comfort levels at the same time!  So your sleep number is the number that the mattress is at where you really feel as ifhr_0358_473_385_0358473385020 you are sleeping on a cloud! 
     By using uniquely designed air-chamber technology, the Sleep Number bed provides an adjustable, gentle cushion of support, so that each person can find their precise comfort level. This personalized Sleep Number setting allows you to stay in the deepest stages of sleep longer, so you awake more energized and rejuvenated. Clinical studies show the Sleep Number bed
relieves back pain and improves sleep qualityWho doesn’t need a better quality of sleep?
th     And so does the sleep number bed!  Life happens whether or not you sleep, doesn’t it?  However, the quality of sleep you have will affect how well your day, week or life goes.  Enter Sleep Store!    When you walk into a sleep store and lay on a sleep number bed, your sleeping experience is transformed.  You are on your way to a computerized analysis of your pressure points and where your mattress needs to be to get the best quality of sleep, something so many of us so desperately  need!

  Here is my first analysis on the sleep number bed. This is based on what I said was comfortable to me.
Before Image
    When I first laid on their mattress I loved it!  It was so comfortable and just like my mattress at home!  I thought I prefered (until I stepped into their store) a firm mattress.  I can sleep anywhere: on the floor, in the car, on the couch, and have often said I could sleep standing up against a wall if gravity wouldn’t pull me down when I was relaxed and asleep!   This mattress was So Comfortable to me! 
    To find the perfect sleep number you adjust the bed until it is where you feel no more pressure.  So, she started adjusting the mattress to find my sleep number.  The firmness of the bed melted away as the bed contoured into the shape of my body and what I needed to relieve that pressure areas. 
     Oh my goodness!  It was such a Huge difference.  I am not a back sleeper and never have been.  I put my kiddos on their stomach as well because they slept better.  However, sleeping on this mattress would convert me in a heartbeat!  There have been studies done that prove back sleeping is better for you for many reasons.
Once she found out that my sleep number was a 40 here is what my pressure points looked like”
After Image
No more red or orange spots!  There will always be some color change as when you lay there your body is being pulled by gravity.  The pressure that I had when I laid down on the mattress was gone.  I didn’t know how much more comfortable this would be!  I always thought I liked or wanted the firmer mattress.  After all, I can sleep on the floor!  I was so wrong!  This bed is SO Comfortable!  This bed is so individualized and adjustable that you can have one number and your spouse (or the children in your bed) can have a separate! If you have any kind of back problems or arthritis or suffer from body aches or pains, you should give this a try!
bed sign
After all this excitement, I was dying to try the DualTem Layer.  Could it get any better?  OF course!  So what is this temperature thing?   It is like a mattress pad that hooks to your bed and cools or heat your bed accordingly.  Yep you read that correctly!  It is going to cool your bed on those hot days and heat it on the cold days!  Don’t worry it has a motorized fan attached to it that is super quiet, and it has a time setting so that it doesn’t have to run all night.  The only real downside to it is that it does take 20 minutes to heat or cool.  Don’t worry so does that old electric blanket you use, and this one COOLS TOO!   
IMG_20150626_110216658  Once you have it attached to your mattress, you will need to get your comforter or bedspread out again.  If you don’t have one of the two on your bed all your heating and cooling effort will go out into your bedroom, not with in your sheets!
IMG_20150626_110205426
 
  Here is the picture of the side view with the quiet machine.  The cord is attached at the side and you don’t feel the cord.  Did I mention you don’t hear the machine?  The motor should fit right under your bed, not out like this picture.  There was not under bed space for the display.   
     Just like the sleep number beds themselves this Dual Temp layer is totally customizable! I like for it to be cooler when I sleep and so does my husband. He however likes to be cocooned into his sheets, I do not.  With the Dual Temp Layer he can be cocooned and cool!  What a great idea Sleep Number!     
I want to thank Sleep Number Store in Eastgate Ohio for my sleep number search experience and allowing me to experience the comforts of the Dual Temp Layer!
Thank to you Smiley360 for this mission!  How can you be apart of this mission or have the opportunity for others?  You can check it out or more about Smiley360 HERE!
You can check out the Sleep Number website.
Check them out and like them on Facebook.

I will receive a free pillow from Smiley360 for completing this mission!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment