Friday, July 17, 2015

Frugal Friday!~ Refilling automatic soap Dispensers


IMG_20150704_202338670 Everyone loves when you find your favorite product on sale don’t we all?  My favorite soaps and lotions are Bath and Body Works, Warm Vanilla Sugar and Kitchen Lemon my favorite ones. However, do you know how quickly 4 kiddos can empty one of those soaps?  Even though I purchase them on sale with a coupon it isn’t very economical to let them have one!
IMG_20150704_202129090
     I purchased one of those fancy no touch soap dispensers for their bathroom.  Yes we are saving money using those than the foam or Bath and Body Works dispensers, they aren’t that cheap either.  I thought I would try to take one apart and refill it.  I have burned up a couple of machines (again not very economical) trying to figure out what the formula should be.  I think I have found the perfect formula that works and has worked for the past 3 months when refilling my soap dispensers with blue Dawn!
     Do you have dispensers that you want to refill on your own?  Grab a screwdriver and your blue Dawn and let’s get started!
It is going to take a bit of elbow grease to get the top off but keep working it will come off!
IMG_20150704_202229478
Once you get it off, fill your container up to the top of the words.  Fill the rest of the bottle with water.  This is to thin out the Dawn.  Replace the lid and put back into your dispenser.  that is all there is to it!  I use the blue Dawn because it has more grease fighting power. You can never have too much cleaning power, right! 
Enjoy your refillable soap!

No comments:

Post a Comment