Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tasty Tuesday- Crockpot Mexican Chicken

  I just love recipes that don’t require a lot of attention.  Don’t get me wrong I love to cook, especially when my children are next to me helping.  However when life gets busy it is nice to have a stack of recipes that everyone loves but don’t require a lot of prep.  So here goes…  What do you need?
3 chicken breasts
1 can of whole kernel corn
1/2 can black beans
1 and 1/2 jars of salsa
rice and/ or flour tortillas
DSC_0240
 
I took the chicken right out of the freezer and placed them in the crockpot and let them cook for 4 hours on high.   Then I shredded the the chicken and then added  to the crock pot the rest of the ingredients. I let this cook on low for another 2 hours.  During the last hour of cooking I made some rice.  The kitchen smelled wonderful!  I scooped out a couple of spoonfuls of the rice and then ladled some of the chicken mixture over the rice and Viola!  There we have dinner!  Now you could also wrap this in a flour tortilla as well.  Joe is not a fan of soft tacos at all so I chose to do the rice only option.  What a simple yet delicious meal!  Now the kiddos can wrap the left overs in the soft tacos for lunch and have a hot lunch this week!
                                                                                                                                                                             DSC_0241
I want to mention that this recipe came from my sister in law!  So glad that she shared it!
Thank you Sheila!

No comments:

Post a Comment