Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sweet Tea

I love to drink tea!  I however am not really a sweet drinker.  I guess I am grateful that I don't live in the south!  Nothing against the drink, it is just not my cup of tea!.  I like my tea black as you would say.  I don't even put lemon in my tea.  I however was going to make some sweet tea for our church dinner as it is a favorite of a lot of people.  I found this recipe for Southern Sweet Tea and thought that someone from the south should be able to make a good sweet tea.
So I got out my tea bags and my pot.  I measured out the water, the sugar and the counted the tea bags.  I followed the recipe and then tasted my creation.  Yep, it was sweet! I can say that 10 cups of sugar should do it, right?

  See for yourself what you think of the recipe!!

     Southern Sweet Tea

Directions:

  1. In a large glass measuring cup, place the tea bags and add the baking soda.
  2. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags.
  3. Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
  4. Take out the tea bags and do not squeeze them.
  5. Pour the tea mixture into a 2-quart pitcher; add the sugar.
  6. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
  7. Add in the cold water.
  8.  
    Let cool; chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice
   Try it out and let me know what you think!
Enjoy from the Clubbfarm!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment