Friday, March 20, 2015

Gluten Free~Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Scramble

     DSCF9698        I am constantly looking for and trying recipes that my whole family will eat together, instead of making two meals.  With me not eating meat or gluten it can be interesting, to say the least.  One thing that we all love is eggs!  Most of the time I make eggs with some kind of meat and then either bread or potatoes of some kind.  You all know the traditional breakfast foods.
     Being Catholic, Fridays and meats don’t mix during Lent.  We are also not fish eaters, okay the kids are more so then the hubby and I, however we don’t have a lot of it.   When I set out to make our supper today I thought I would try scrambled eggs with spinach and mozzarella.  It just sounded so delicious to me!  It is easy to cook and the whole family can eat the same thing!  I have to say it is real easy to cook when you can actually eat it!  Usually I am asking one of the kids or the hubby how something tastes but it isn’t the same as doing it yourself.  I enjoy it so much better when I can taste!
     This egg recipe is really easy and fairly quick.  I used 3 tablespoons of butter, 18 eggs, 4 cups of spinach, a cup of shredded mozzarella, salt and pepper to taste.  Take your butter and melt it in the skillet.  Add your spinach and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes.
DSCF9694
  It does look like a lot, however when it cooks down there won’t be a lot.  While the spinach is cooking, scramble the eggs then add to skillet of spinach.  Cook eggs until firm and a little wet, more like shiny, not runny at all.  They will continue to cook once you remove them from the heat so don’t worry about them being undercooked.DSCF9695
Once they are don’t cooking, add salt and pepper to taste and shredded cheese. 
Great served with fruit, toast or potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment